- 150 g superior bird’s nest, soaked until soft and stewed
- 3 kg winter melon
- 75 g dried lotus seeds
- 113 g chicken
- 113 g crab meat
- 38 g ham
- 4 cups of stock
|Bird’s Nest In Winter Melon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp caltrop starch
- 1 tbsp water
- Wash surface of winter melon, scoop out seeds and pith with a metal spoon. Parboil in boiling water, remove, rinse and drain.
- Wash dried lotus seeds, soak until soft and seed. Slice half of the ham and shred the rest.
- Dice chicken, marinate and parboil.
- Put winter melon into a deep bowl. Add dried lotus seeds, ham slices and stock to the winter melon. Stew for 1 hour, add chicken, bird’s nest and crab meat and stew for 20 more minutes. Season with salt, dish up in stewing pot and sprinkle with ham shreds.