- 150 g superior bird’s nest, soaked until soft and stewed
- 3 kg winter melon
- 75 g dried lotus seeds
- 113 g chicken
- 113 g crab meat
- 38 g ham
- 4 cups of stock
|Stewed Chicken With Bird’s Nest and Sea Cucumber
- 2 slices of ginger
- 2 sprigs of spring onion
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 3 cups of water
- Put sea cucumber into boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Remove, wash and chop into large pieces.
- Bring stewing ingredients to boil, add sea cucumber and stew for awhile, remove and drain.
- Remove innards and fat of chicken and wash. Parboil, rinse and drain chicken together with lean pork. Soak ham in warm water for a while and slice.
- Place chicken, lean pork, sea cucumber and ham in a stewing pot. Add ginger, wine and boiling water and cover. Stew over high heat for 30 minutes, reduce to low heat and stew for 2 more hours. Add blood-red bird’s nest and stew for 10 minutes. Dish up in stewing pot and season with salt.